Quality Approved and Accredited Training
The programme aims to provide a balance of theory, academic teaching and learning, counselling skills training, supervision of case material and personal development. The course offers an Integrative Humanistic model underpinned by the core model and values of the Person Centred Approach emphasising people’s potential for growth, change and movement.
The course will be essentially active, practical and interactive with applicants experiencing teaching and learning in conceptual/theoretical areas, practical skills work and affective self exploration through large and small group work, tutorials and written work.
Core objectives comprise:
- Defining ethics and boundaries in setting up effective working practices
- An understanding of the application of theory to counselling practice
- An understanding of different theoretical approaches to the therapeutic relationship within an integrative framework
- A deeper understanding and awareness of the self and the development of a more reflective approach to life
- Encouragement of self-critical and self-evaluative skills (internal supervisor)
- Exploration of the supervision relationship and development of supervisee skills
This NCS Accredited Level 5 course was first delivered in Guernsey in 2011. The course aims to produce appropriately trained counsellors by providing education and training in the concepts, processes and skills of counselling to a level appropriate for effective professional practice.
Guernsey Bereavement Service, Kingsland House, Les Basses Capelles, St.Sampsons, Guernsey, Channel Islands. GY2 4WE
31st August 2019 – Meeting tutors and group for course discussion
Year 1 Year 2
20-22 September 2019 18-20 September 2020
18-20 October 2019 16-18 October 2020
15-17 November 2019 13-15 November 2020
10-12 January 2020 8-10 January 2021
7-9 February 2020 5-7 February 2021
6-7 March 2020 5-7 March 2021
3-5 April 2020 8-10 April 2021
8-10 May 2020 7-9 May 2021
£5,995 – These are inclusive of all training materials, tuition, skills practice facilitators, placement administration, external examiner, independent complaints reviewers and professional body course accreditation fees. KRCS offers a range of payment plans that can be tailored to suit the individual requirements of our students.
For further information and application form please use the form below: